Rebirth Homes exists to come alongside human trafficking victims as they learn their identity in Christ and become empowered to be all they were created to be.
At Rebirth Homes, women receive high-level care, especially in the area of trauma therapy and group counseling, job skill training, and education. We engage the community as a whole to battle human trafficking and invite you to join this community dedicated to fighting human trafficking. When the women enter our home, they do so with no personal items or financial support. Through their journey at Rebirth Homes, they will be provided with everything they need to live a life of freedom. The four main comments of our program include physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual healing. We have an amazing group of talented professionals who are providing their services to the women.
Physical healing includes providing basic medical care through a licensed medical staff. The home will offer a place of physical safety where the women can just “be”.
Mental healing will come through professional counselors who are licensed and trained to work with victims of human trafficking. We will offer individual and group counseling to the women each week.
Emotional healing will be offered by providing trained mentors and a support team for each woman to encourage her and journey with her throughout the 24 month program. After graduation from the program, our support team will continue to stay connected and maintain personal relationships with each woman to ensure she will be successful in future life endeavors.
Spiritual healing will occur over time as women learn freedom through faith. We are open to any woman of any religious background who has been trafficked. Our approach is one of open arms and loving the women for who they are every step of the journey.
- 2008 – The vision for Rebirth Homes started when founder Debbie Martis heard the staggering statistic that 27 Million people are enslaved around the world. After years of prayer, Debbie was moved to action.
- 2012 – God gave Debbie the vision to find homes that have been abandoned, rebuild them and use them for lives to be redeemed.
- Fall of 2014 – Rebirth Homes went public with the vision and started spreading awareness about human trafficking and raising funds to open the first home in Riverside County.
- October 2015 – The first home location was identified.
- September 2017 – The very first home for adult survivors of human trafficking in Riverside County opens after two years of construction.