The role of the Home Shepherd is to provide care, encouragement, prayer and guidance to participants living at Rebirth Homes. The Home Shepherd oversees the day-to-day activities of the home. This is a residential role that requires the Home Shepherd to stay in the home. Leadership experience is essential as well as the ability to provide a nurturing and caring environment.
This position is a residential role and compensation is to be determined upon experience. The job description below is a broad overview of what is required.
- Provide care through listening and validation
- Foster a culture of love and grace in the home
- Cook meals for/with the participants
- Assist with household chores
- Run errands to provide care and necessities for the participants
- Lead and coordinate volunteers during the shift
- Meet with and provide feedback to volunteers
- Debrief with volunteers regarding care for the participants
Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following experience/skills:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is active
- 5+ years of managing a household
- Strong ability to listen and validate
- Operate in humility
- Able to resolve conflict well
- Previous volunteer experience with Rebirth Homes or another anti-human trafficking organization preferred
- Ministry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
This role requires lifting and moving of up to 50 lbs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 951-394-8142 if you are interested in this position or would like more information.